COMO Maalifushi is the first and only luxury Maldives boutique resort to open on the unspoiled Thaa Atoll in the Maldives, surrounded by calm and clear lagoons, long expansive flats, uninhabited islands and pristine reefs. It is reached by a 60-minute seaplane flight, whisking you south towards the equator across four atoll.
COMO Maalifushi is comprised of 65 overwater suites and jungle villas. The magnificent overwater suites and villas are built of wooden walkways that stand above the shallow lagoon. Each has its own private terrace for slipping into the sea, while the garden rooms benefit from being set in the island’s tropical heart. The views are consistently spectacular: either lush gardens, where children can play, or directly out to the watery expanse.
COMO Maalifushi offers a COMO Shambhala Retreat for holistic wellness, world-class yoga facilities and exceptional cuisine along with safe, authoritative access to the Maldives’ vibrant marine life for diving, snorkeling and fishing. Above water, guests have near-exclusive access to some of the world’s best surf breaks.
START ORGANIZING YOUR TRIP
- King or twin beds with Egyptian cotton bed line
- Private sun deck (in villas and suites)
- Bath and/or shower stall
- Air conditioning
- Private Bar
- Complimentary tea and coffee making facilities
- COMO Shambhala bathroom amenities
- Yoga Mat (available on request)
- Complimentary beach bag and flip-flops
- Multimedia hub
- Direct dial telephone
- Complimentary bottled water and fresh fruit daily
- Satellite TV (46-inch LCD TVs)
- Private Safe
- Complimentary Wi-Fi internet
Facilities & amenities
- 24-hour manager on duty
- Wi-Fi access in reception, bar and poolside area
- Airport transfers
- Butler service
- COMO The Shop
- Laundry service (no dry cleaning)
- Twice daily maid service
- In-room dining (available 24 hours a day)
- Foreign exchange
- Multilingual hotel staff
- Three dining options (Madi, Tai, Thila Bar)
- Travel and tour assistance
- Play by COMO children’s program
- Games room
- Dive and watersports centre
- Cruises: Sunset, dolphin watching
- Fishing trips
- Surfing, snorkeling and sailing
- Picnics on uninhabited islands
- Complimentary daily yoga
- COMO Shambhala Retreat (wellness center)
Several Maldivian atolls have coastlines that capture swells from numerous directions, giving consistently excellent surfing conditions. There are also some very good surf breaks in and around Thaa Atoll. COMO Maalifushi has one particularly good break located on the atoll’s southwest side, which can be experienced on guided surf trips. The surfing season runs from April to October.
With the COMO Maalifushi Surf Pass you will be provided access to three different atolls and more than a dozen surf breaks, giving you endless possibilities and ultimate flexibility. Travel between atolls on a high-speed motorboat and cruise the Surf Machines at Laamu Atoll, shred the Kasabu at Dhaalu Atoll and perfect your ‘soul arch’ on the Farms at Thaa Atoll.
Highly recommended if you are looking to learn to surf or to improve, to check out their great surf school. Few resorts offer such excellence in their surfing services.
Watersports & Excursions
Thanks to its privileged location and the clear, calm and exceptionally beautiful waters surrounding the islands, COMO Maalifushi offers a very good water-based range of activities, such as:
- Diving experiences
- Non-motorised water sports (snorkeling and sailing, among others)
- Cruises: Sunset, dolphin watching, fishing trips
- Beach picnics on uninhabited islands
- Swimming pool access
- Complimentary daily yoga
Play by COMO
Families are well looked after at COMO Maalifushi. Children can explore and make new friends in the secure environment of this relatively large island. The lagoon is safe to swim and COMO Maalifushi’s choice of landed suites and villas, are ideal for families with younger children. Also childminding and babysitting services are provided.
Play by COMO Space is designed to inspire purposeful and creative play for children aged four to 12, with carefully-selected toys, books, games and art materials.
COMO Maalifushi’s approach to cuisine is contemporary and relaxed with menus inspired by the ocean setting.
- ‘Tai’ is the headline restaurant, featuring Japanese seafood with a sunken sushi bar for terrace dining.
- ‘Madi’ offers a classic COMO all-day dining experience showcasing tropical ingredients in Maldivian, Mediterranean, Indonesian and Thai-accented dishes.
- ‘Thila Bar’ is a relaxed pool bar and lounge for billiards, easygoing salads, pizzas and wood-baked seafood.
COMO Shambhala Retreat offers holistic, Asian-inspired treatments. Is a place to relax, recuperate and feel well, guided by expert therapists. Eight overwater treatment rooms offer a range of signature facials, massages and body therapies. The Retreat also has an open-air yoga pavilion offering complimentary daily classes each day, a large pool, relaxation area and spa boutique.
Prices upon request
Please get in touch with our surf travel specialists, we will prepare the best quote depending on your needs, preferences, desires.
Rates vary depending on season, on availability, on number of nights requested and number of people staying. We have an extensive selection of accommodations with whom we have partnered up. Each one run by a different provider, with different ways of doing things.
Your best bet is to book a complimentary booking call with us, so we can meet and design your customized surf holidays for you, understand your needs and requirements, and proceed with a quote that adjusts to your circumstances.
THE OCEAN SPELL BOOKING PROCESS
Get in touch for a complimentary consultation.
Work with one of our specialists to plan your dream surf getaway.
Enjoy your surf trip of a lifetime!