What is a cookie?A “cookie” is a small amount of text that is stored in your browser (such as Chrome in Google or Safari in Apple) when you browse most websites.
What is NOT a cookie?It is neither a virus nor a Trojan, nor a worm, nor spam, nor spyware, nor does it open any pop-up windows.
What information does a cookie store?Cookies do not usually store sensitive information about you, such as credit cards or bank data, photos or personal information, etc. The data they store are technical, statistical, personal preferences, customised contents, etc.
The web server does not associate you as a person but to your web browser. In fact, if you habitually browse with Chrome browser and try browsing the same web with Firefox browser, you will see that the web does not realise that you are the same person because it is actually associating the information to the browser, not to the person.
Cookies accepted by the regulation and excepted cookies
According to the regulation of the EU, the cookies requiring informed consent from the user are those related to analytics, advertising and affiliation, cookies of a technical nature and those needed for the functioning of the website or to render services expressly requested by the user being excepted.
What are the kinds of existing cookies?
- Technical cookies: They are the most elementary and make it possible, among other things, to know when a human or an automated application is browsing, when an anonymous user or a registered user is browsing, basic tasks for the functioning of any dynamic web.
- Analysis cookies: They gather information on the kind of browsing that is being carried out, the most used sections, consulted products, time slot for use, language etc.
- Advertising cookies: They show advertising according to browsing, country of origin, language, etc.
What are the cookies of one’s own and those of third parties?Cookies of one’s own are those generated by the page one is visiting and cookies of third parties are those generated by external services or suppliers such as Mailchimp, Mailrelay, Facebook, Twitter, Google adsense, etc.
Cookies accepted by the regulation and excepted cookiesAccording to the regulation of the EU, the cookies requiring informed consent from the user are those related to analytics, advertising and affiliation, cookies of a technical nature and those needed for the functioning of the website or to render services expressly requested by the user being excepted.
What cookies does this web use?Esta web utiliza cookies propias y de terceros. En este sitio web se utilizan las siguientes cookies que se detallan a continuación:
Cookies of one’s own:
Login: Login cookies allow you to log in and log out of your account in The Ocean Spell.
Customising: Cookies help us remember the persons or websites you have interacted with, so that we can show you related content.
Preferences: Cookies allow us to remember your adjustments and preferences, such as preferred language and your privacy configuration.
Cookies of third parties:This web uses analysis services, specifically Google Analytics to help the website analyse the use of the website made by users and improve its usability but, under no circumstances, they are associated with data that might help identify the user. Google Analytics is an analytic web service rendered by Google, Inc., The user can consult here the kinds of cookies used by Google.
The Ocean Spell is a user of the blog-supplying-and-lodging platform WordPress, which is owned by the American company Automattic, Inc. For such purposes, the uses of such cookies by the systems are never under the control or management of the person responsible for the web, their function can change at any time and new cookies can enter. These cookies do not give any benefit to the person responsible for this web. Automatic, Inc. also uses other cookies in order to help identify and track visitors to the websites on WordPress, know the use they make of the website in Automattic as well as their preferences concerning access to it, as stated in the section “Cookies” in its pricavy policy.
The cookies of social networks can be stored in your computer while you browse www.theoceanspell.com for instance, when you use the content-sharing button of www.theoceanspell.com on a social network.
Below is information on the cookies of the social networks used by this web in its own policies on cookies:
- Cookies of Facebook, see further information in its cookies policy
- Cookies of Instagram, see further information in its cookies policy
- Cookies of Google+, see further information in its cookies policy
- Cookies of Linkedin, see further information in its cookies policy
- Cookies de Pinterest, see further information in its cookies policy
- Cookies de Youtube, see further information in its cookies policy
- Cookies de Vimeo, see further information in its cookies policy
Can cookies be removed?Yes, and not only removed but blocked as well, in a general or a particular way for a specific domain. In order to remove cookies from a website, you must go to the configuration of your browser and there you can find the ones associated with the domain in question and proceed to remove them.
- Configuration of cookies for Google Chrome
- Configuration of cookies for Apple Safari
- Configuration of cookies for Internet Explorer
- Configuration of cookies for Mozilla Firefox
If you want to have more control over the installation of cookies, you can install programmes or complements to your computer, known as “Do Not Track” tools, which will let you choose those cookies you want to allow.
This policy on cookies has been updated for the last time on 10/30/2020