Ayada Resort is a gem lost in the wilderness of Gaafu Dhaalu Atoll, the Southern Atolls of Maldives. A resort featuring the ultimate luxury surfing experience on a private island. This resort is owned by a Turkish family, and has recently won the Green Star Diamond Award of The American Academy of Hospitality Sciences, for their leadership combining first class luxury with sustainability and environmental awareness.
With 122 villas and suites all with private pools, five star amenities and personal butler service, you may be tempted to linger a bit longer; enjoy mouth watering dishes, bask in the thrill of many adventurous water sports or sit back and relax at a refreshing Turkish hammam treatment while the crystal seas surround you throughout the day.
START ORGANIZING YOUR TRIP
- Arrival Pavilion
- Main Restaurants
- Swimming Pool
- Coffee House
- Pool Bar
- Recreation Centre, Clinic, Leisure Concierge, Fitness Pavilion
- White Room
- Kid’s Club
- Yoga Studio
- 24 Hour Butler / Guest Relations Services
- Complimentary WiFi
- Dive Kingdom – Dive Centre, Water Sports
- Hair Salon
- 24 Hours In Villa Dining
- 3 Jogging Tracks
- Laundry, Dry Cleaning, Pressing Service
- Shopping Arcade
- Glass Floor Panels In The Bedroom & Living Room*
- Private Pantry
- Additional Shower Room*
- Additional Shower Room And Toilets*
- Direct Beach Access From Outdoor Terrace*
- 32” Lcd Tv In The Bath Area facing the terrazzo tub
- Over Water Hammocks
- Ceiling Fan
- Indoor Daybed
- Mini Bar
- Private Pool
- 24 Hour Butler Service
- 24 Hour Room Service
- Terrace On The Upper Floor*
- Housekeeping Services twice a day
- Interactive 42″ Flat Screen Lcd Tv
- Complimentary Wi-fi Access
- Terrace With Sun Loungers &
- Fresh Water Showers on Sun Deck
- Air Conditioning (Individual Air Temperature Controls)
The remote Southern Atolls are exposed directly to the power of the S & SW swells. If you are looking for uncrowded waves, any time of the year, it’s the place to go. Untouched and isolated when it comes to surf exploration. You can definitely surf year round, from barreling and hollow walls to soft and never ending playful waves.
If you enjoy being based on a tropical island and indulging in luxurious activities after your surf sessions then you just found your place, Ayada.
Great variety of rental boards available as well as beginners surf courses.
Watersports & Excursions
Surfing, windsurfing, jet ski, fun tube, banana, water skiing, wakeboarding, SUP, catamaran sailing, glass canoeing, or snorkelling are available at Ayada Resort.
Excursions range from fishing at sunset, glass-bottom boat tour, dolphin cruise, deserted island picnic or a local island exploration.
Scuba diving beginner courses are available. If you are already certified, you can discover one of the most richest diving locations on the planet.
One of the best places in the world to dive with manta rays and whale sharks, as well as reef sharks including whitetip and grey reef are quite common, together with big tunas, napoleon fish, eagle and stingrays.
Dining Gourmet Experience
Ayada Resort has designed an extraordinary culinary experience, striving to offer authenticity and variety with their eight restaurants, each with its unique influence.
Ocean Breeze, an overwater restaurant open for lunch and dinner offering gourmets a tempting menu of modern European dishes. The others are: Mizu: Japanese Teppanyaki grill, Kai: Far East Restaurant, Zero Degree: Poolside Restaurant & Bar, Magu: Main restaurant (international buffet), Sea Salt: Beach Barbecue, Ottoman Lounge: Traditional Turkish Cafe, Ile de Joie: Wine and Cheese Island
Ayada Resort provides a fully equipped Kid’s Club, Zuzuu. Open from 09.00 AM to 06.00 PM, offering recreational and educational activities conducted by a personable and attentive team. The Kids Club area features a pool, nanny room, a stage and playground area with a jungle gym. All activities and services are offered complimentary unless specified. Baby sitting service is available on request. Fun and innovative activities are on offer including supervised snorkelling and swimming lessons, cooking classes, t-shirt painting, face painting, and an educational insight into the flora, fauna and marine life that is so unique to the Maldives.
Ayada Resort’ 3500 m2 AySpa has been designed to rejuvenate the body, mind and spirit. This award-winning spa features:
- Turskish Hammam: inspired by one of the oldest cleansing traditions in the world, a purifying and refreshing ceremony for well-being of body & mind.
- Beautiful relaxation area with heated and cold plunge pools, steam rooms and saunas separately for female and male guests. Healthy juices and drinks, as well as teas are available to complete your experience.
- Treatment suites: 8 spacious and tranquil treatment villas some with their own hydrotherapy baths. These suites are perfect for sharing indulgent relaxation time with a loved one or simply by yourself in complete privacy. Each treatment room offers: Steam shower, Private bathroom, Outdoor courtyard with sunken bath, Waterfall shower
- Spa facilities: Segregated steam and sauna rooms, heated vitality pool, cold plunge pool, hairdresser, manicure & pedicure saloons
Large open air pavilion and beautiful garden area, ideal for wedding ceremonies, large scale events or business meetings.
We can’t think of a better venue to organise a wedding, a congress or a corporate event, all combined with surfing and water activities.
Jogging tracks & Sports
Three jogging tracks measuring 900m, 1200m and 1600m around the resort are available.
A floodlit tennis, volleyball, badminton and mini artificial football ground widely regarded as the best available in the Maldives is available adjacent to the Recreation Center.
An air-conditioned yoga studio is available offering yoga, pilates and aerobics. An experienced instructor will allow you to schedule classes at your convenience and fitness level.
The fitness pavilion offers a range of cardiovascular, weight machines & free weights. Scheduled or personal sessions available.
Ayada has been awarded with the Green Star Diamond Award by the Five Star Diamond Award for the intersection of first class luxury with environmental awareness.
FRESH WATER & ENERGY
Electricity is produced by state of the art diesel powered generators. The energy required for heating water in all accommodation is produced through the Quantum Eco Hot Water system, conserving more energy whilst heating water.
A reverse osmosis plant purifies the water for drinking and other purposes. Ayada bottles its own water in glass bottles.
An inverter ducted air conditioners with 50% energy saving during the cooling operation and 64% energy savings during the heating operation, providing a more even room temperature.
All paper waste is incinerated on the island. Plastic, glass, cardboard, cans, batteries is separated and recycled. Non-combustible waste is taken to Thilafushi, a special landfill island near Male.
The resort is equipped with a state of the art wastewater treatment plant. Treated water is used for irrigation on the island.
Several initiatives have been implemented to minimize plastic and paper waste to reduce chemicals used in daily operations and our overall CO2 emission and footprint.
CORAL & SEA LIFE
Ayada Resort in partnership with Seamarc has implemented a reef scaping and coral regeneration project throughout the coral reef around the resort, to develop and manage the resorts own coral nursery and rehabilitation project.
Broken or threatened corals are harvested and attached to portable coral trays and replanted in the ocean allowing the branching corals to grow faster and whereby new habitats are grown rapidly and old habitats are replenished.
Guests staying at the resort can get involved by adopting their own coral for transplantation in to the reef. Guests are encouraged to remain responsible and refrain from activities that can damage the underwater ecosystem.
DAY TO DAY ACTIVITIES
The daily operation of Ayada Resort has been carefully planned to minimize environmental footprint throughout all departments, with strict procedures to ensure optimal power consumption and reduce waste output as much as possible.
- Producing freshwater and bottling it to glass bottles in house to reduce plastic bottles.
- Branches and dry leaves are used for composting with sludge of sewage treatment.
- Using biodegradable bags for housekeeping purposes.
- Linen laundry bags for all operation.
- Monitoring and controlling daily water and power consumption.
- Monitoring and managing our carbon footprint.
- Proper usage of sewerage plant and re-using treated water for gardening.
- Proper maintenance of all refrigeration and AC units to minimize refrigerants usage.
- Awareness programs for colleagues to minimize power and electricity usage.
Prices upon request
Please get in touch with our surf travel specialists, we will prepare the best quote depending on your needs, preferences, desires.
Rates vary depending on season, on availability, on number of nights requested and number of people staying. We have an extensive selection of accommodations with whom we have partnered up. Each one run by a different provider, with different ways of doing things.
Your best bet is to book a complimentary booking call with us, so we can meet and design your customized surf holidays for you, understand your needs and requirements, and proceed with a quote that adjusts to your circumstances.
THE OCEAN SPELL BOOKING PROCESS
Get in touch for a complimentary consultation.
Work with one of our specialists to plan your dream surf getaway.
Enjoy your surf trip of a lifetime!